14th Annual TxP2P Statewide Parent Conference Session Handouts
Click on the title to see the PPT/handouts from each session.
Session #1 - Friday, June 22nd, 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- 1010 Strategies for Special Education Reform [no handouts/slides available]
- 1040 A Trajectory to Community….or Not [no handouts/slides available]
- 1041 Grief and Stages of Adaptation
- 1042 Every Child Can Grow Up in a Family
- 1060 How Sensory Processing Issues Affect Children
- 1090 Surviving and Thriving in High School - John's Journey [no handouts/slides available]
- 1110 Entendiendo IDEA
- 1120 504 Screening, IDEA Testing, and How to Move Beyond Response to Intervention
- 1121 Slow Down and Homeschool
- 1130 Personal Networks: Enriching the Present and Providing for the Future
Session #2 - Friday, June 22nd, 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- 2010 Changes to the Texas System of Services and Supports
- 2040 The Texas ABLE Program
- 2041 DADS Only [no handouts/slides available]
- 2060 Preparing for a Medicaid Fair Hearing
- 2070 Mental Health 101: From Recognition to Intervention
- 2080 Learn More About Being a Parent Leader
- 2110 Cuidando de Nosotros Mismos
- 2120 Facilitated IEP (FIEP) Meetings
- 2121 Telling it Like It Is: The Legal Framework [no handouts/slides available]
- 2130 Transition 101: Getting Started
Session #3 - Friday, June 22nd, 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- 3010 Using Your Journey to Make a Difference
- 3040 Sibling Panel
- 3041 PLAN IT! How to Save Money Long Term and KEEP BENEFITS!
- 3070 Taking Care Of Myself: A Workshop for Parents/Caregivers
- 3080 Creating Social Opportunities in Rural America [no handouts/slides available]
- 3090 You Can Impact Disability Policy in Texas!
- 3110 Actividades e ideas para la vida independiente
- 3120 Homeschooling the Anxious Learner
- 3130 Health Care in Transition Planning: What Would It Look Like? [no handouts/slides available]
- 3131 Assisting People with Disabilities Over Age 18 Make Decisions [no handouts/slides available]
Session #4 - Saturday, June 23rd, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- 4010 The State of Autism Services in Texas
- 4020 Developing Interpersonal Skills for Calming Down
- 4040 How to Get Out and About with a Medically Complex Child
- 4041 Disaster Preparedness
- 4060 A Parent's Perspective on a Medical Home
- 4110 Abogacía: Qué es, por qué es y la importancia para mi
- 4130 Making the CASE for College for Students with ASD [no handouts/slides available]
- 4131 Top Tips for Tip Top Transition
- 4132 Nuts & Bolts of Starting a Network [no handouts/slides available]
Session #5 - Saturday, June 23rd, 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- 5010 Advanced Advocacy
- 5040 Accessing Resources: A Parent's Perspective
- 5070 Dispelling Myths about Mental Health
- 5100 Siri play "Nonslip Grips to Selfie Sticks: We Use it!" [no handouts/slides available]
- 5110 Recursos para la transición a la vida adulta
- 5120 Transition Through All Ages and Stages
- 5121 Texas Special Education Corrective Action Plan
- 5130 Don't Wait Until Graduation Day - Plan Ahead!
- 5131 Home: An Essential Part of Planning for the Future
Session #6 - Saturday, June 23rd, 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- 6020 As I See It: A Journey Inside the Mind of Autism
- 6030 Meet Them Where They Are: Effective Strategies for Communication
- 6040 What is a Care Notebook and How Will It Be Helpful
- 6060 The Diagnostic Journey [no handouts/slides available]
- 6061 Palliative Care & Hospice: A Parent's Perspective
- 6100 Whatever Works For You: Employment Options for People with Disabilities
- 6110 Duelo y etapas de adaptación
- 6120 Assessing Behavior Intervention Plans
- 6130 Building a Job for Your Son or Daughter
Session #7 - Saturday, June 23rd, 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- 7010 Collecting Your Ideas for the Next Legislative Session [no handouts/slides available]
- 7030 Losing Control! Self-Management with 5 Point Scales
- 7040 Stress Management and Resiliency
- 7070 Children's Mental Health: Common Diagnoses & Symptoms
- 7100 In the Driver's Seat
- 7110 Este soy yo! [no handouts/slides available]
- 7120 Present Levels to Measurable Annual Goals
- 7121 Improving School Discipline to Promote Success for Students with Disabilities
- 7130 Making Employment a Reality